Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 3, 2011

'Thieves in the Temple'

I have been taking advantage of Border's Books bankruptcy sale.  I recently bought a pile of books at 90% off retail.  One of these titles is G. Jeffrey MacDonald's   'Thieves in the Temple  The Christian Church and the Selling of the American Soul.'

MacDonald writes about the absorption of the values of the American consumption community  into religion.  This is not a new observation, certainly.  The book is a good read.

I had to remove some books from my shelf to make room for these new acquisitions.  I gave my copies of  The Lutheran Study Bible (C) and (A) and Walther's Law and Gospel to a pastor that I know. I realized that I would probably never read these books again and they were taking up valuable shelf space

This pastor's library had taken a hit when  the  church building suffered a roof collapse during the winter hence the recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment