Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Iced In on the Last Sunday of the Church Year

Extreme ice in Minnesota is rare but we are stranded. The advice from the TV is 'No Travel' so we are complying with that advice.

I am using my iPad this morning. I have added some interesting things from the iStore in recent weeks.

From The Wittenberg Project I have added several volumes of Luther's Works. These are free. I have : On Christian Liberty, Treatise on Good Works, a volume of Epistle Sermons, and the 95 Theses. The Concordia Triglotta is also available at no charge.

My Lectionary is the very reasonably priced Lectionary for iPad.

To keep an open and balanced mind, I have also bought 'God Is Not Great' by Christopher Hitchins. One need not fear sliding into atheism by reading this author. Don't be deceived by book titles.

3 comments:

  1. Some of the documents can be found in PDF scans. For example, Google: triglotta pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I am a very enthusiastic user of the iPad as you can clearly see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, Norman.

    Here's a link to the LCMS 3 yr Lectionary Series.

    Click on the top choice: Advent 1-4 - Series A.

    http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=16074

    We were also iced in. I used Treasury of Daily Prayer. Also, the sermon will be posted on the congregation's website later this week.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    Jack K

    ReplyDelete